The complete guide to being the richest kid on the block
To be underage implies you have to depend on your parents to have some incomes to spend on things you like: whether if it is the new console you wish to have, tickets for the amusement park, the movies or to grab a snack, you often face a straight no from your parents.
No problem, my friend! New times deserve new approaches, and with so many ways to make money around, to be a kid or a teenager is not an obstacle to begin your way to economic independence, so, keep reading:
Buy and sell market:
- Sell the things you no longer occupy (toys, books, clothes) and what is not sold give it to the neediest.
The toys that never opened and still in its wrapping sell it with more price than the one of without wrapping.
Now you see for what was worth to take care of your toys, huh?
- Sell homemade popsicles:
Talking about ideas for summer: Buy small disposable plastic cups, fill them with fruit juice, Kool-Aid, chocolate or vanilla milkshakes, put a wooden ice cream palette (sold on stationer’s) and then get them to the freezer. Once they are iced, they are available to be sold.
Take into account that the prices must be balanced with your investment.
- If you are good doing manual things like necklaces, bracelets, sell them at a good price or as you did add a little more price.
- Wash cars and motorcycles:
Wash them well with a soft brush or sponge and rinse with clean water. If it is a car, clean the glasses later (not before, or they will be splashed). Charge more for a car than for a motorcycle.
- Walk Dogs:
They love it, and will be a real help for their owners. If you walk a dog, make sure you take a good walk. 15 minutes is good enough. Do not walk many dogs or big dogs that can drag you.
There are many places where you can get money in addition to helping the planet.
- Take care of your neighbors’ pets when they are out:
With the dogs, you give the food much affection, and you take it for a walk. With the cats, you provide the food and caress it, some playing is not bad. With the fish, you give them the food. Also, you have to change their water, clean their waste, keep them neat and attended. Arrange the fixed price for the task.
- Take care of the house of your neighbors when they are out:
They also have to be friends of your family. This activity includes caring for the pets, plants, garden and picking up their mail. Arrange a fixed price for the task.
- Do the errands for a senior:
Many elders have mobility or ability problems, so they have difficulty performing some basic daily tasks. If you know an older adult in your area, ask him or her if you can help her by shopping, moving furniture, fixing problems with a computer or watering the plants. Just make sure the agreement is clear to both parties since the last thing you want is to work believing that they will pay you and that the other person thinks that you do him a favor for kindness.
Technological moneymakers for the youth:
- If you offer yourself to digitize, convert or print materials for other people at the library, you can make money too.
Sometimes it is not a matter of knowledge, but of time. If you have it and other people do not, you could earn some money by doing the work for them on the computer. For example, you could do some of the following options:
- Scan old photo boxes or scan documents for a relative or neighbor.
- Edit and upload pictures or order prints for someone who has a camera card full of images and does not know how (or does not have time) to do so.
- Convert home movies to DVD or even edit photos and videos scattered (like a wedding) and turn them into a movie that all people can appreciate.
- Design and print some photos, logos, designs, posters, invitations, flyers and so on for other people.
- Display your games. Some young people earn thousands of dollars a month just to let people see them play their favorite video games.
You can make money by displaying games on websites like YouTube or Twitch, making streams. However, to get followers, you not only have to be good at the game, but you also have to be able to share your perceptions and interact with your fans.
Advice: do not become a “ratboy”: A kid that plays online games most of his time. They are regularly of ages between 4 and 12, with a clear lack of experience, which makes annoying voices characterized for its very high pitch and aggressiveness toward other players during streams.
- Install some computers and other equipment for beginners. If your grandmother or neighbor does not know Spotify, or they want to join that thing called Facebook, or pay their bills through the computer, they are likely to be willing to pay you a little for your experience with computers and gadgets.
How to start
- Promote your services. No matter what small job you choose to make to earn money, it will be vital that you promote your services!
- You can deliver some flyers; However, it may be simpler (and often free!) That you advertise on the Internet. Contemplate the option of placing ads on your social networks, or your parent’s. You will be amazed how many people in your circle will require help with household chores and other small jobs, so find out what they think and see what happens.
- Dress to impress in your interviews! First impressions are important, and a neat appearance will help you look responsible and dedicated.
- Consider each job opportunity as more than a way to get money. All work and work experience will give you a valuable learning experience, which you can use to get better jobs in the future.
- Cafes or grocery stores with bulletin boards for the community can be a perfect place to put flyers. Just check with management first to make sure they approve.